Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I wake confused
and weak and empty
and know that she
is gone again

how will I dance
without her
the unfaithful lover
of my essence
the careless mate
to my soul
who has stolen
the sharpness
from my eyes

and turned me to
a hungry dog
that does not recognize 
its reflection
in the mirror
the beast who likes
the taste of blood
of everything she loved

but if somehow
you catch a glimpse
of the gentleness
now gone 
somewhere soaring
in the light 
tell her I am sorry
for all the hurt
I couldn't stop
and the hurt I could
and the times I lied
and told her we
were strong enough
when I knew too well
we weren't

but do not 
come closer
to this empty shell 
filling now with
whatever passes through
what you are seeking
lingers beside you
like a ghost
a breeze too faint
to sense
that longs also
to feel

No comments: